Pakistan Photo Festival Fellowship
Pakistan is located in a region, which has faced great political, economic and religious strife for the past two decades. Under every stone is a story that has the potential to inspire, move and awe. For too long the story of Pakistan and its people has been conveyed to the world through a foreign lens that is more than often skewed. It’s about time we take control of our narrative and tell our own stories with our own lens.
Pakistan Photo Festival Fellowship 2017.
Pakistan photo festival fellowship 2017 is a two-months long program hosted by PakistanPhotoFestival for Pakistani photographers who are interested in documentary photography and photojournalism. The Fellowship will be awarded to the 15 Pakistani photographers every year to undertake the two-months long photography project under the supervision of Internationally recognized photographers. They will provide ongoing mentorship throughout the two-months. During two-months long residency program every photographer will produce body of work individually in the field of documentary photography/photojournalism. All work will be exhibited in the Pakistan Photo Festival’s annual event.
Goal of the Fellowship.
The goal of the fellowship is to help build a stronger social documentary photography practice in Pakistan by helping selected students work on issue-based multi-media projects that highlight some of the most pressing social, economic, legal and rights struggles in the country. Those selected will be assigned a mentor throughout the duration of the fellowship, who will work closely with the student through the various phases of the project – research, design, execution and production. The fellowship will create an understanding and appreciation of documentary photography and photojournalism in Pakistani society at very grassroots level.
- Minimum 10 and maximum 30 Portfolio images should be submitted via www.wetransfer.com at email@example.com with application form. (Image Size: 2,000 pixels on longer side / 72dpi / JPG format / Medium quality (8))
- Upload folder should be named on Applicant name (Expel: Ahmad submission)
- All submission forms must be completed and written in English
- All submissions will receive an email response by 20th February 2017
- There is no submission fee.
- No age limit.
- One profile picture with application form.
- Selected applicant has to pay registration fee Rs: 3,000 (pkr)
- Only Lahore based photographers or who can spend 2 months in Lahore for the fellowship.
- The photographer(s) must be the author(s) of the pictures submitted in his/her/their name.
- Participants will have to bring their own digital DSLR camera and laptop.
- A list of successful candidates will be published at www.pakistanphotofestival.com in 2nd week of March 2017. Successful candidates will also be notified via email.
- Fellowship session will start on 13th March 2017.